Re: whois broke again?

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 11:23:02 2000

> Bill, I've got to hand it to you, this is an excellent idea!
>
> The RPS #### are from where?
>
> Is this format written up yet?

	The RPS "keys" are the functional equivalants of the Routing Policy
	System statements that are used in the IRR. The structure used
	allows a PERL script to reorder them in the desired sequence
	after an axfr "shuffles" them.  This was discussed in the RIDE wg
	of the IETF.

> With this system, do we need rwhois?

	Nope.  Of course everyone is then responsible for publishing
	their own data and making sure it is current.