Issue on establishing local/private IRR database

  • From: Yu Ning
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 02:21:46 2000

Hi,

We plan to establish a local/private IRR in order to control the RS in our
local/private IX, but we are quite puzzled by the relationship of the local
IRR and RADB. Can anyone answer my following question ?

1. Is partial database ok, and enough ?
Because we run only a domestic IX, so i think we need only maintain the
RPSL database of our domestic ISP, and we need not mirror the 5 standard
IRRs, such as RADB, CW, RIPE, RPSL database.

2. The relationship between our local IRR, and standard IRRs.
Once we establish the local IRR via IRRd of MERIT, shall we register all
the data of local RPSL database in one of the global registries,such as
RADB ? Will RADB accept our local IRR, and start to mirror our data ?
Or our data exist only in our local/private database, and no one care
about us (it seems this scenario is little away from the spirit of global IRR)

regards,

Yu Ning

Networking Dep.
Datacom Bureau, China Telecom.
Xin Jie Kou Wai Street A12, Beijing, P.R.China