Re: whois broke again?

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Sun Feb 20 03:09:54 2000

> While it would probably not be an accurate assessment, it could be assumed
> that they are doing nothing at all to fix problems ever; how would we
> know? Considering that we (as in ISP's) are the primary source of thier
> income, don't they owe this information to us, at least in a watered-down
> version?

Absolutely, unless assumming "us" == NANOG.  But that's between
each NSI customer and NSI, not NANOG and NSI.  And as an NSI
customer, once escalated to this level, it's something that I'd
address directly and formally with those NSI folks, the ones that
have that ve$ted interest in the success of NSI.  I assure you that
if you're able to demonstrate that all reasonable steps have been
taken to follow the formal trouble reporting process, but to no
avail, they'll be interested.

and if not, well, sufficient documentation would then be in place to
more formally address the problem.

-danny