Re: whois broke again?

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Sun Feb 20 02:54:30 2000

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Danny McPherson wrote:

> > A) Do you happen to have proof that people *arent* reporting the
> > problems to NSI as well as posting here?
>
> I'd guess he doesn't, though yet another glean of the entire
> thread also doesn't reveal anything suggesting that an attempt
> to contact, or even a simple cc NSI has occurred to this point.
> Perhaps denoting a failed attempt in the initial post would have
> made sense.

One message sent via email, and one telephone call. The email is still
unanswered, and the telephone call was met with a 'general delivery
mailbox.'

But, more to the point; I was commenting more on the fact that NSI [has
not|probably will not] comment(ed) on any of said outages, not even a
post-mortem, in any fashion.

While it would probably not be an accurate assessment, it could be assumed
that they are doing nothing at all to fix problems ever; how would we
know? Considering that we (as in ISP's) are the primary source of thier
income, don't they owe this information to us, at least in a watered-down
version?