Re: More route-table bloat vs. ARIN micro-allocations

  • From: Steve Rubin
  • Date: Sat Feb 19 03:01:40 2000

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 12:37:32AM -0700, John M. Brown wrote:

> so I decided to poke around some more...
>
> I really can't see how the argument of ""Route / AS-Path" table bloat
> is going to break things if ARIN starts doing mico-allocations for
> providers that need to multi-home, but don't need tons of space.
>
> I really like the /30's, /32's...

[routes deleted]

I take it you get transit from the network formerly known as iMCI as from what
I can tell, it looks like they don't send these routes to peers.  I'd be
willing to bet this is a knob they can turn off for you if you don't want to
see the routes... Or you can just install some sanity filtering on your
inbound peers/transit providers to nuke the /25 and up's.

Then again, like Patrick, I have no enable, so what do I know? :-)

--
Steve Rubin * [email protected] * http://www.tch.org/~ser/