Re: Blech!

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Sun Feb 13 14:22:19 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 07:18:59 -0800, Randy Bush wrote:

>> it is a necessary evil that we settle this ourselves. because if we don't
>> take care of our own business, someone's going to step in and do it for
>> us, and we won't like it.
>
>as the problem is quite technical, and the ingress filtering is a small
>panacea not a fix, not bloody likely

While I agree that it's exceedingly unlikely that they'd actually solve the
problem, I've yet to see a politician who won't try to do *something*, even
if it would be ineffectual or counterproductive. A "Protection of E-Commerce"
bill is entirely too plausible - just imagine how many politicians would love
to run "I saved the Internet" ads during their next campaign.