Re: Yahoo offline because of attack (was: Yahoo network outage)

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Thu Feb 10 00:56:44 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Jim Williams wrote:

> Anyone find it interesting that all the big name sites are getting hit
> except AOL?  Makes you wonder....

I'd expect them to be a target, considering how high profile they are, but
the week isn't out yet.  We could end up with a few more high-profile
sites getting the treatment.  Sadly, since there's nothing that can really
be done to prevent being the victim, it only means there will be more
evidence after the fact.

--
Joseph W. Shaw - [email protected]
Computer Security Consultant and Programmer