Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 22:15:48 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> >eally, I think things like RPF and other *basic* filters should be a
> >contractual requirement before allowing customers to connect to the
> >network. Hell, im thinking Cisco and others should make it a *default*. ;)
>
> Well, we _do_ have a unicast RPF knob, but changing defaults
> is tough, due to the Principle of Least Astonishment. ;-)

Even though the RPF knob is there, there's lots of gear running code that
either doesn't have it or blows up when it's pulled.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________