Re: NANOG meeting subject of attack? Hmmmm....

  • From: Bino Gopal
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 19:57:25 2000

As Charles says, from what I've read of the CERT advisories, there is
nothing proactive one can really do for these DDos attacks, besides
securing machines from being hacked, correct?

Also note that the link that Paul gave to the cnet story doesn't mention
anything about NANOG (for those who were looking).  That only came later
tonight, by 8:30pm with this story:

	http://news.cnet/com/news/0-1005-200-1545456.html

Also see CNN (as they got hit) at:

	http://cnnfn.com/2000/02/08/technology/yahoo/

Looks like the news organizations have picked up on the timing
'coincidence' (if it was one).  Apologies if this is old news; I just
didn't see any mention of it yet, and it seemed rather operational, given
the nature of what happened. :)

							BINO