Re: Yahoo offline because of attack (was: Yahoo network outage)

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 16:56:40 2000

	I firmly believe that the security groups will be working closer
together after this week than ever before.  I spent some time talking
to the C&W security group today about a problem related to the stream.c
exploit being used.

	Is anyone dropping traffic from src/dst ips that are currently
reserved and do not have any allocations out of them (such as 60/8
for example) anywhere inside their network?  I know that MAPS
has gone and done something similar to this as it relates to
their rbl, but I am not aware of any providers doing anything but route
filtering on these prefixes, not packet filtering.

	- jared

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:09:29PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Travis Pugh wrote:
> > ... assuming a minimal amount of cooperation between upstream provider and
>
> Theres that "c" word again. It just isnt going to happen.
>
> -Dan

END OF LINE  |