Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 13:23:03 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> Well, we _do_ have a unicast RPF knob, but changing defaults
> is tough, due to the Principle of Least Astonishment. ;-)

Sorry, this may be low, but...

It would help if we could actually turn on CEF and not have it break
weird and interesting things.  This week it seems to have broken frame
relay adaptive traffic shaping (it always "adapts"), which I need to
contact the TAC about finding/submitting a bug.

(CEF is required at least on "lower end" routers for RPF)

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected]) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648