Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: Paul Ferguson
  • Date: Tue Feb 08 12:32:03 2000

RFC2267.

- paul

At 03:25 AM 02/08/2000 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

As much as I enjoy finding out about Yahoo & GlobalCenter issues by
reading the newswires, I wonder if there are any lessons we can learn
from these events.  Or was this not big enough to get attention of
upper management?

Was there something Yahoo!, GlobalCeneter or other providers could
have done, either individually or in cooperation, to prevent the problem?

Likewise, could they, individually or in cooperation with other providers,
have shortened the duration or severity by doing something different?

And finally, would they be more successfull in tracking the source the
the problem by doing something different?