Re: Audio Quality

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon Feb 07 17:07:27 2000

David Brouda wrote:

> Agreed, audio is better now. Also, the video bit-rate is more
> reasonable now (128kbps for a non-changing image, compared to 400kbps
> previously).

Both audio and video are much better now. Is there a proper email to
reach the folks running the service for feedback/problem reports?

One plea: please leave the video live (mute audio if desired) during
lunch breaks and such. Real doesn't provide a very good methodology for
finding out when a session is back... when you stop the live feed, the
session ends, and attempts to reconnect tell you you've got a bad (old)
URL.

> At 4:38 PM -0500 2/7/00, [email protected] wrote:
> >  >Also, the audio in the H.261 stream is a bit distorted. Perhaps the
> >  >input level to the machine generating the stream need to be turned
> >  >down?
> >
> >This seems to have improved.  Thanks.
> >
> >I'm not getting any audio on the MPEG2 stream.  Is it just me?
> >
> >Steve

Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com