RE: junk fax

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Feb 04 15:02:02 2000

You've been getting these too?

I just called PacBell and this is the procedure they told me;

1) Pick up the line and DO NOT let it HANG UP... keep the line open.
2) Dial ANY seven digits followed by the "#" key.

What this is supposed to do is notify the FAX machine at the other end to
not dial your number anymore. So far, this has worked.