Re: inter-NOC communications (was:Re: Definition of Congestion)

  • From: dave o'leary
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 08:51:30 2000

At 11:10 AM 2/1/00 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Tue, 01 February 2000, Bill Woodcock wrote:
> I agree entirely.  I can't stand it when people are too sheepish to
> publish Best Common Practices just because there are a few companies that
> don't feel like putting in the effort to do a halfway decent job.  God
> knows we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out, even if they do insist on
> running open relays, or redistributing their IGP or whatever.  Bleah.

Indeed.  I did not mean to suggest that such a thing (BCP) shouldn't be
done, but rather set expectations that some may try to create a perception of
participation while continually dragging feet, objecting to minor points,
etc. to slow progress.  So, press on, I look forward to seeing progress
in this area.

thanks,
						dave