Re: inter-NOC communications (was:Re: Definition of Congestion)

  • From: Steve Meuse
  • Date: Mon Jan 31 23:34:24 2000

At 03:30 PM 01/31/2000 -0800, dave o'leary wrote:

Attempts to "standardize" inter-NOC communication happened a couple of
times in the early 90's in the IETF, but it got too ugly, with too many
barriers (basically people not wanting to expose dirty laundry).  I fear
that attempts to do so now when the providers are *really* competing with
each other (as opposed to back in the old daze when we were all
friends :-) will suffer the same fate, other than on a pairwise basis between
NOCs that cooperate well with each other anyway.

                                                dave
I have to chuckle reading this thread.

We can't even get our NOCs to talk to each other, and Marketing people think we can do Inter-Provider QOS??

Hopefully I will have retired at an early age before we burn that bridge :)

-Steve