Re: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Wed Jan 26 08:50:04 2000

John Hawkinson wrote:

> Why is discussion of a single site's DNS configuration screwup
> appropriate for NANOG?
>
> Is your goal to get the word out to people who use E*TRADE?
> I don't think NANOG is right for that.

While we all know that jhawk is one of the few around here with clue
to spare, remember that he is mostly doing national carrier stuff
these days.

In the case of a small rural ISP with less than 4,000 customers, an
amazing number of folks called about our "problem", and the NANOG list
is just about the first place I look for a heads up or explanation.