Re: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !

  • From: John Hawkinson
  • Date: Tue Jan 25 22:09:23 2000

Why is discussion of a single site's DNS configuration screwup
appropriate for NANOG?

Is your goal to get the word out to people who use E*TRADE?
I don't think NANOG is right for that.

Is your goal to get the word out to network providers of people
who use E*TRADE? Do you really expect that many of them will
forward this announcement or make good use of it? Should
a message be sent to NANOG every time CNN, Netscape, or Yahoo
go down?

Am I missing something here? [Like a sense of humor?]

--jhawk