Re: Domain Registration Woes

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Tue Jan 25 20:34:41 2000

We are seriously looking at either doing something with OpenSRS
(http://www.opensrs.org) or one of the other alternative registrars.

OpenSRS looks REALLY good in all reality.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Douglas Denault wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:39:18 -0500
> From: Douglas Denault <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Domain Registration Woes
>

> It turns out that I was less than clueful. So first thanks to the people
> who informed and clued me in. So the answer is: "You're not big
> enough..(dummy)". Silly me, just because I joined the affiliate program
> for the min of 10 domains per month, I did not follow the link which
> might have lead me to the answer.
>
> This post is for 2 reasons:
>   1) there is an answer for small companies - thanks to all who pointed
> it out;
>   2) In the hope that some of NSI's support people might read this list
> and perhaps could
>      then point out this possibility to other (similiarly misinformed)
> small guys.
>
> So I go (happily) back to the barn. Where I am I have lots of lighter
> stuff to shovel today.
>

> Douglas Denault wrote:
> >
> > I apologize in advance if this is too far off topic
> > We are a small web hosting firm doing 20-40 domains/month. ...
> > business, but the truth is I would rather shovel out the barn.
> > 2) does anyone know of/have experience with another registrar that takes
> > email submissions
> >
> [cut]
>
> --
> [email protected]

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected]) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648