Re: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue Jan 25 11:39:04 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> Expect some major customer complaints about this one: www.etrade.com has
> no A record, and all other addresses are redirected to that very name.
>
> I just sent this to Etrade:
>
> >Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:09:56 -0500
> >To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
> >Subject: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !
> >
> >I am seeing customer complaints this morning that they can't reach Etrade.
> >Check: your ns1 and ns2 nameservers DO NOT have an address record (A) for
> >www.etrade.com !!!!!!!!

It's not just www.  trading.etrade.com (where you end up after logging in)
normally does have it's own set of A records, but has also vanished from
ns1 and ns2.etrade.com.  Also, it looks like most of the slaves have
updated and now also have incomplete etrade.com zones.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________