Re: Napster & other bandwidth hogs

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Mon Jan 24 17:11:40 2000

I guess there is a misunderstanding between what an educational
institution views IT costs as. IT costs (more bandwidth, etc) are 100%
overhead. Most have no way of recovering these costs as an increase in
revenue. Most corporations, etc could pass this fee on to supported
organizations, but from what I understand of Universities, its 100%
unrecovered overhead.

Hence, no business model. Any bits over 0 are therefore expensive.

Regards,

Deepak Jain
AiNET