Re: Napster & other bandwidth hogs

  • From: Ryan Tucker
  • Date: Mon Jan 24 15:37:59 2000

The data port is set in the user config... however, Napster's servers seem
to be within the 208.178.175.128/29 block.

There is a Napster FAQ at http://napster.cjb.net/ which could be
useful... there's also a protocol specification wandering around, but I
can't find it any more.  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker <[email protected]>                 Unix Systems Administrator
NetAccess, Inc.                                      Phone: +1 716 756-5596

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Ryan Bek wrote:

> Hello all -
>
> I (and I presume many others) have had concerns brought to us about the
> bandwidth hogging apps & services, like Napster Music Community.  As many have
> discovered, applications such as these can consume a good deal of a broadband
> connection, as users can serve up files from their own machines, subverting
[...]