Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Wed Jan 19 17:54:20 2000

[ On Wednesday, January 19, 2000 at 12:42:48 (-0500), Shawn McMahon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS
>
> There are IPs that are blocked in ORBS, but do not run an open relay.  It's
> a demonstrable fact.

Show me.  Yes there may be hosts/networks "blocked" because they've
asked to be tested, but those are clearly not "false positives" either.

(Actually as I've already said I myself have what might be a "false
positive" entry in the ORBS db -- one test machine where I explicitly
allowed the ORBS test through but which should be impervious to any
relay attempts by any unauthorised party.  I wouldn't really call it a
"false positive" either though.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>