Re: Mae-West Stats and Nanog Archives

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 01:05:01 2000

On Sun, 16 January 2000, Derrick Bennett wrote:
> I was actually looking for current Mae-West Stats as the page I have ended
> last year. I thought someone had asked this recently but found that the
> nanog mailing list search site stopped in october of 99. Does anyone know
> where newer mae-west stats may be and if the archives for nanog will be
> updated soon ?

I was told (going from memory, so I hope Steve will correct me) there was
a SNMP problem collecting stats on mae-west last fall.  Since MCI/Worldcom
is changing to a new statistics package, instead of fixing the old ones, the
new statistics should show up real soon.  But I guess like many software
projects its been delayed.

Because the stats from Ameritech and the MAE's are essentially the only
publically available measures of multi-provider Internet traffic, I hope
they come back.  Sprint & Pacbell/Bellcore used to have some stats, but all
the links I had have stopped working.  It would be nice to get some aggregate
numbers for private interconnects, but I guess it isn't a realistic dream.