RE: CEF Load balancing...

  • From: Sykes, Phil
  • Date: Sun Jan 16 14:12:20 2000

 A sh cdp neighbors detailed at AMS-IX last week revealed that roughly half
of those running on 75xx/12xxx plaforms were running an IOS 12.0, mostly
12.0(5)S and newer.
 Slightly more than half of those on smaller Cisco platforms were also doing
so.

 Of course, this doesn't mean they're using 12.0 releases elsewhere, but
it's a fairly safe bet.

 There were some major players amongst those running 12.0, but I'm not sure
it would be terribly appropriate to name names.

Phil Sykes, Network Engineer
Cable & Wireless Europe