Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS [LONG]

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Sat Jan 15 19:00:44 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> People who object to their networks being scanned for SMTP vulnerabilities
> on occasion (with an interval that ranges from a couple of weeks to a couple
> of months) have something to hide.

Sorry, hate to pick nits, but we have 13 relay attempts from ORBS in our
maillog between 9p last night up until 4:50 today.

Since 6 Jan, there have been 113 relay attempts from orbs.   Or, better
put over 10 a day on average.

This doesn't seem like "once every 2 weeks" let alone once every 2 months.

(Note:  I am not saying that I have an opinion re: orbs one way or
another.  I'm just providing a data point.)

[email protected]