Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Sat Jan 15 17:25:18 2000

[ On Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 23:04:14 (+0300), Alex P. Rudnev wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS
>
> Their customers != Their blocks, it's the problem. For example, the customers
> (mail customers) of ISP-1 can work through dialup or ISDN account of the ISP 2,
> etc. And it makes such access lists very long and relays relatively open (I know
> ISP whose relays are open for all russion netblocks, not for his own netblocks).

So long as you're not trying to do this kind of access control on your
core router there should be no problem.  There are lots of
high-performance filtering devices available today for very reasonable
prices, adn you can build your own with free software on commodity
hardware too.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>