Re: CEF Load balancing...

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Sat Jan 15 01:15:47 2000

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 11:41:47PM -0500, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> I've been looking/asking around, but have yet been able to get the same
> answer twice to the following question: How many links can you have in
> parallel when using CEF load-sharing per-packet?
>
> Another words, we currently have a site that has four DS1s load balanced,
> in parallel (terminating in the same router on each end). Can you add a
> [5th|6th|7th|8th] ?

A maximum of 6 parallel path's, and that is depending on the type of
routing over this link (6 applies to static, bgp, ospf and isis when
configuring maximum-paths)

router(config-router)#maximum-paths ?
  <1-6>  Number of paths

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk  -  CCIE# 5456
Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)