Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS [LONG]

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Jan 14 23:02:13 2000

Randy Bush wrote:

> fyi, i did not say that was my personal opinion.  i said i could see that as
> an understandable opinion held by someone else.  i do not (yet) know enough
> to have an informed strong opinion on this one.

Yeah, I know that's not exactly what you said, and I apologize for not
making that clearer.

> > If someone asks ORBS to stop probing, they should stop.

That's my opinion. FWIW: Alan Brown, the guy maintaining ORBS, is not a
bad
person whose sole task is to run around infiltrating mail servers.
That having been said, I've stood back and watched a lot of the ORBS
debates back and forth on SPAM-L, and I definitely think that ORBS
is not as useful a service as it could possibly be.

--
North Shore Technologies  http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net
888.480.4NET