Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 20:54:27 2000

More. The whole ISP's in Russia filter out ORBS; then ORBS can try to list the
whole Russia in their black lists... I'll get a lot of pleasure to see how they
can do it. -:) /I am not in Russia now, but anyway/

No, if you cry every day _there is a wolf and he'll eat me_, no one believe you;
and if you met the real wolf with the real sharp teaths, no one help you. Just
as in this case - the futher the less people can use ORBS.

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Edward S. Marshall wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:43:16 -0600 (CST)
> From: Edward S. Marshall <[email protected]>
> To: Shawn McMahon <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS
>

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> > If that's true, they're going too far, and won't be able to become
> > widespread enough to matter.
> >
> > That's a damn shame.
>
> If ORBS can't test you, how do you propose they determine if you're an
> open relay? Take your word for it? Accept a piece of spam from someone who
> says they received it which has your SMTP server's headers in it (which
> could just as well have been forged)?
>
> Their answer was that if they can't test you, they have to assume you're
> operating open relays. I'd love to hear your thoughtful answer to the
> problem.
>
> --
> Edward S. Marshall <[email protected]>          http://www.xnet.com/~emarshal/
> [                  Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.                  ]

Aleksei Roudnev,
(+1 415) 585-3489 /San Francisco CA/