No Op. - Social action in SFO 5/6 February pre-NANOG mtgs.

  • From: Lauren F. Nowlin
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 16:01:32 2000

Hi all,

Apologies to Randy for the non-operational content here... but of course we hope he joins us out on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk Sunday for bumper cars... should be smashing (gee I sound like Bill Norton!) entertainment.

Saturday (5-Feb) afternoon: Paintball - e-mail Bill Norton <[email protected]> for details

Saturday evening: Boating for an hour tour of the Bay (bring a jacket) - $10 per person. Meet at the entrance to Pier 39 (yeah, touristy but everyone can get directions to Pier 39) at 5:15 p.m. We want to make sure sunset is out on the water. Folks car-pooling from the Doubletree Hotel San Jose, 2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA 95110 should gather around 3:45 / 4 p.m. in the hotel lobby. It is about 50 miles between SJC & SFO and parking in SFO can be tough on the weekends. If you have a car reservation ask for a large vehicle and we'll load-up & caravan to the city.

Saturday night (around 7:30 / 8 p.m.): Dinner in San Francisco at Fisherman's Grotto #9 down in the heart of the wharf. Chowder, sourdough & geeking.. I'm going to make a reservation for a party of 20 under the name NANOG. After a lengthy dinner & stroll of the Pier, we should do dessert at Ghiradelli Square (ice-cream sundaes to drool over) around 10 p.m. Clubbing/dancing - Locations TBD (Christian mentioned some 'Gold' club?)... lots of variety in SFO.

Sunday: Santa Cruz on the Boardwalk is where we plan to recover the next day <g>
http://www.beachboardwalk.com will display a few of the amusements. Rollercoasters run from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in February. Bumper cars, salt-water taffy, sand & the usual beachfront stores are all there. This is the boardwalk from the movie _The Lost Boys_ . The ancient arcade has Tron, Ms. Pacman, Centipede, a shooting gallery and of course the latest video games. Woody has the name of a great sushi spot in Santa Cruz (Cathy W. probably does too...) We are going to meet in the hotel lobby at 10:30 and sort out the carpool. Plan to return to the hotel ~3:30. Andrew Khoo insists sushi should be the dinner plan on Sunday night <g> He never gets enough...

Anyway, RSVP for the dinner on Saturday night so that I'll have a better guesstimate of 20 or 30 for dinner at the Fisherman's Grotto. Please don't rsvp to the list...

Thanks all,
-Ren

Lauren F. Nowlin, [email protected] / [email protected]
Director, Peering & Interconnects
Onyx Networks, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Gateway Exchange
Voice: 650-558-3262, Fax: 650-558-3154, Cellphone: 650-281-6963