Something very odd on an older 2514 .

  • From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
  • Date: Mon Jan 10 22:50:45 2000

	Hello All ,  I've just been doing a few tests on some 2514 routers
	I had laying around .  I setup the two ether interfaces & on each
	like the diagram below

	+--------+                        +--------+
	|  2514  |+----------------------+|  2514  |
	+--------+                        +--------+
	    +                                 +
	  [hub]                             [hub]
	    +                                 +
	    +---------+[ ftp source ]         +---------+[ ftp source ]

	I noticed a drastic lessening of expected bandwidth thru the
	routers .  On the range of seeing only 24-25% of available
	ether bandwidth .
	But when I plug the two 'ftp source's into the same hub I am
	getting a more resonable 66-75% of the available ether bandwidth .

	Has anyone any info on what might be the cause of the lack of
	expected thru put .  Tia ,  JimL

       | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
       | [email protected] | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |