Re: Mail problems, not microsoft

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jan 03 06:30:41 2000

On Mon, 03 January 2000, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> >Similar minor problem here.  An ancient version of GNU date was still
> >in-use, and it didn't seem to like the year.
> >
> >$ date -d "`date`"
> >date: invalid date.
>
> Indeed, date seems to be one of the things which required patching. On a
> retired, unpatched, SunOS 4.1.3_U1 machine, date returned strange things

So far most of the problem I've heard about involved people not installing
patches for known issues before today.  It would be interesting to see the
traffic stats for Sun's, Oracle's, Microsoft's etc. download sites today as
folks download the patches, which may have been available for a while, today.