Re: Mail problems, not microsoft

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sun Jan 02 21:39:55 2000

	This is because of the localtime() call.

	I had to fix one of my programs that I didn't notice it
was doing this until after the day went past.

	It was writing it's log files that get parsed nightly
as 1000101 instead of 000101.

	man localtime says:
--
       tm_year
              The number of years since 1900.

	- Jared

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 06:12:44PM -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Sun, 02 January 2000, Owen DeLong wrote:
> > I don't even assume that anyone elses mail system works, let
> > alone that it works this way, or even complies with the RFC's.
> >
> > There's way too much MicroSoft stuff out there to believe
> > any of that.  I merely purport that the above is BCP.
>
> Actually I haven't heard of any Microsoft mail problems in
> the last two days.  Almost all the problems have been with
> old UNIX mailers putting "100" as the year on messages.

END OF LINE  |