Re: mail does bounce (was: Customers down?)

  • From: I Am Not An Isp
  • Date: Sun Jan 02 17:37:02 2000

At 04:29 PM 1/2/00 -0500, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

>Personally, I don't like systems which do not have backup paths to deal with
>transient conditions. And we do know that even "authoritative does not exist"
>can be a transient error condition caused by a registry glitch etc. Sure, we
>can all just ignore reality and assume we live in a perfect world, but....

I prefer to know immediately if I mistyped an e-mail address, which happens more often than even NetSol's screwups, rather than wait five days (or even four hours) to get a bounce from a message I thought had been delivered.

And if it is a NetSol screwup, I would like to know that ASAP as well.

>Christian Kuhtz Architecture, BellSouth.net

TTFN,
patrick

--
I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net