Re: UK GMT roll over

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Sun Jan 02 00:54:27 2000

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> I laugh at the people who made a run on gasoline and ended up running
> several filling stations dry.
>
> I laugh at the people who wasted their life savings on 'y2k supplies'.
>
> FWIW we saw virtually no usage change on dialups or WAN here.

I did see the hardware clock on one PII system go a little wacky.

# date
Sat Jan  1 19:46:48 EST 2000
# clock
Wed Dec 31 18:59:59 1969

and I found out at the grocery store tonight that
Barnett^H^H^H^H^H^H^HNationsBank^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HBankAmerica
^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HBankofBorg finally deactivated my old ATM card.
They've been warning me for several years that they would...ever since
they started sending me debit/Visa check cards (which I've refused to use)
which they want everyone to have instead of simple ATM cards.  It worked
last week.  I guess they may have had to disable them with some y2k
upgrade...or maybe they just decided to use y2k as an excuse to finally do
it.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________