RE: Y2K Funny

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Sat Jan 01 18:18:58 2000

> Yeah, I thought that was funny.  I also got a laugh out of
> http://www.2600.com.

Oh, that IS good! ROTFLMAO!

BTW, we have many customers that self-disconnected and won't be back up
until Monday. Unfortunately, many of these systems can not pass cold-boot
restart tests. That is NOT a Y2K issue, they need new SysAdmins. We expect
MANY service calls from those folks, needing help to reboot their systems
and trying to figure out which daemons and services have to be brought back
online manually.

The good news is that we can bill them for fixing their systems and
afterwards they WILL be able to pass the cold-start test... that is until
they start tinkering with their systems again <sigh>.