Re: Customers down?

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sat Jan 01 09:39:53 2000
On 1 Jan 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Putting your only name servers on the same subnet (unless Tech Data
> has VERY small subnets) isn't very smart no matter what day it is.
> Too many things can take down your one network.  Instead of queueing
> mail, many mail programs will generate permanent errors and immediate
> bounces.

What programs are that? I was under the illusion that everybody mimicked
sendmails behaviour in that if you cannot get an authoritative answer,
queue it whatever everything else (basically).

But then again, why should they work properly? :/

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]
Fax/voicemail: +46 (0) 8-59825186