Re: Customers down?

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Sat Jan 01 01:17:20 2000

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> Since 8am, we've seen a rising amount of customers going down.
>
> It's been attributed to them turninf off thier equipment.
>
> The local Bell Atlantic DSC claims that 'hundreds, maybe thousands of
> circuits are down,' mostly due to customers turning stuff off.

I guess our customers aren't that silly.  I did notice some big sites down
though.  I tried to check a price with Tech Data earlier this evening and
found that www.techdata.com didn't exist.  Traceroute to their
nameserver(s)

techdata.com.           2D IN NS        NS1.techdata.com.
techdata.com.           2D IN NS        NS2.techdata.com.
NS1.techdata.com.       2D IN A         169.153.202.40
NS2.techdata.com.       2D IN A         169.153.202.41

ends in a CW routing loop suggesting TD shut off their connection for the
evening.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________