[[email protected]: What happened in the UK]

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Dec 31 20:53:00 1999

----- Forwarded message from Gary Smith <[email protected]> -----

Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:37:52 +0000 (UTC)
From: Gary Smith <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: What happened in the UK

Sorry, I haven't got NANOG posting access at the moment - could you
forward this to them for me?

We rolled over 1h35m ago. Rollover saw (locally) two of the four mobile
networks drop the users in the room with me (ie they saw coverage totally
drop). However, the other two networks: Orange & One2One were fine, with
users being able to make and receive calls fine. Attempting to call from
Orange -> {Cellnet | Vodafone} received either line busy or network busy.

BT was alternating between telephone network being busy and being able to
connect a call. However, a dialtone was given instantly.

There seems to be no obvious network problems here, and all hardware is
fine.

Err, that's about it. :^)
--
Gary Smith		| "When the hostess greeted me at the door dressed
DS Communications	| in nothing but strategically placed vise-grips, I

----- End forwarded message -----