CERT/CC reports Y2K incident

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Dec 31 17:49:45 1999

CERT/CC has posted on their public web page, they have one report of
a Y2K incident.  Has anyone heard any public information what happened
for it to be classified as a Y2K incident, as opposed to one of the
typical CERT categories (i.e. DoS, probe, intrusion, etc).

I'm asking, because as you know, CERT/CC is always very closed-mouth
about the specifics of any incident.  But sometimes someone knows a
bit of public information about an incident.  Nevertheless, I expect
Randy to ask why I didn't ask CERT/CC.