Re: US Federal Y2K web site is now online

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Mon Dec 27 22:34:15 1999

Maybe they could use the marspolarlander.org infrastructure since NASA
doesn't have a use for it now ...

At 05:38 PM 12/27/99 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

>The US Federal Y2K web site www.y2k.gov is up and online.  Of course, the
>government and the contractors believe they have prepared as well as they
>can.  But as we've seen with event sites throughout the years, traffic
>always seems to exceed everyone's expectations.
>
>I read an interview with one of the spokespeople who indicated the
expectation
>is most of the load will come from the media, and the media web sites will
>distribute the load.  In other words, if you can't get to www.y2k.gov or
>www.iy2kcc.org; CNN.com, MSNBC.com, bbc.co.uk, etc will have the same
>information.

  Eric Germann                                        Inacom Info Systems
  [email protected]                             Lima, OH 45801
                                                      Ph:  419 331 9050
  ICQ:  41927048                                      Fax: 419 331 9302

"It is so easy to miss pretty trivial solutions to problems deemed
complicated.  The goal of a scientist is to find an interesting problem,
and live off it for a while.  The goal of an engineer is to evade
interesting problems :)"  -- Vadim Antonov <[email protected]> on NANOG