RE: [announce-all] NAC Maintenance this weekend (fwd)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Dec 10 15:43:28 1999

On Fri, 10 December 1999, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> Something interesting for all you operational folks... got this from a
> customer.

I've seen some amazing disasters, but I think your customer passed along
an urban legend.

38 people taken to a hospital, 8 cars destroyed, coverage by television
in five states; and I can't find any published reports in the newswire
databases.  Unless my math is very wrong, I don't understand how a 300 amp
surge could damage that much stuff.