Re: Please help me...

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Wed Dec 08 14:01:21 1999

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 12:18:18PM -0600, Hyunseog Ryu/Brookfield/Norlight wrote:

> I tried that already.
> I can see the routing information from GTE for our network information in
> route-views.oregon-ix.net.
> But route-server.cerf.net does not show any routing information from GTE.
> In this situation, I'm thinking the possibility for routing problem if
> UUNET connection is down by accident or something like that.

It's really quite simple, with the number of prepends you do on the GTE
connection, it's fairly sure that only GTE and single homed customers to
GTE will use it, but if your primary path fails, then other providers
will use the path via GTE, and announce it to their customers.

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)