Re: RPSL announcement text

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Wed Dec 08 02:36:01 1999

Hmm, who was this clueless manager who decided to do such things in the 1-th of
January. I guess the programmers over the world will be very busy during january
looking for the hidden Y2K bugs and fixing it, and why RADB decided to add some
more troubles just in this days? Why don't wait until, at least, February? What
terrible happen if this changes will be delayed a little?

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Gerald Andrew Winters wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:59:25 -0500 (EST)
> From: Gerald Andrew Winters <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected], [email protected]
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: RPSL announcement text
>

> A reminder for users of the RADB database service: at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT on
> January 1, 2000, the transition to the Routing Policy Specification
> Language (RPSL) database will be complete.  After January 1, RIPE-181
> object submissions will no longer be accepted.
>
> RIPE-181 submissions made between now and 1/1/2000 will continue to be
> visible on whois.radb.net as RIPE-181 objects converted to RPSL.
> Availability of the database in both syntax languages eases the transition
> to RPSL by allowing users to view RIPE-181 objects converted to RPSL.
>
> RIPE-181 queries will be possible until January 1 via whois queries to
> whois-ripe181.radb.net.  However, you will need to  *RECONFIGURE* your
> tools to explicitly query whois-ripe181.radb.net and send RIPE-181
> submissions to auto-ripe181.radb.net.
>
> For more information, see:
>
> 	http://www.merit.edu/radb/announce.html
>
> Please send questions or comments to [email protected]
>
> 	--Gerald Winters
>           Merit IRRd team

Aleksei Roudnev,
(+1 415) 585-3489 /San Francisco CA/