Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

  • From: James Smith
  • Date: Mon Dec 06 15:34:20 1999

I would imagine some sort of Internet Authority on Routing.  There are
already quite a few authorities for other such things on the Net.  But
perhaps a better solution would be for everyone to register with a Routing
Authority.  We already require any one that wants to use a domain name to
register, and if you want a block of IP space or a BGP number you have to
register with ARIN.  I realize there are registries like RADB and RIPE,
but these don't seem to be used to their full potential.  Some backbone
providers still enter in route filters manually, which seems a little
obsolete considering the number of routes being advertised.

--
James Smith, CCNA
Network/System Administrator

http://www.dxstorm.com/