Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

  • From: James Smith
  • Date: Mon Dec 06 13:13:17 1999

Based on past experiences, I would say that the big backbone providers
shouldn't do any filtering at all.  Then, the lower tiers can do all the
filtering they want, and still rely on default routing to send the packets
to the backbone.  It may not be the prettiest way to route traffic, but
this would allow smaller ISPs to filter if they cannot afford buying
bigger equipment to hold all the routes.  Since the tier-1 guys are the
glue of the Internet, they should be required to take everyone routes.

--
James Smith, CCNA
Network/System Administrator

http://www.dxstorm.com/