Re: multi-homing

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Sun Dec 05 18:45:49 1999

In message <[email protected]>, Sean Donelan writes:

>I find it interesting after the 1980's and the era of "personal computers"
>once again the computing industry is back to the timesharing model of large
>data centers.  ASPs?

Not so much timesharing of central processing, but bandwidth sharing of
geography.  It turns out some locations are substantially cheaper to
get bandwidth into due to the circumstances of where other bits
of fiber are.

We are very definately in the age of "more than one cpu" per user.

--- [email protected]