Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Dec 04 18:29:30 1999

On Sat, 04 December 1999, "Alex P. Rudnev" wrote:
> It should be your problem. You simply loss the part of connectivity...
>
> The real world is more complex than you drawn below. There is many reasons
> causing people to announce class-B networks with the short prefixes.

Can you give a concrete example?

In most of the cases I've seen the people wanting to break up an class-B
network either because 1) they don't want to return the class-b network to
ARIN and get two or more appropriately sized blocks, or 2) their upstream
provider won't aggregate announcements from multiple connections, 3) they
made a mistake and announced their IGRP subnets via BGP.