Re: Geektools SuperWhois update (re: Internic)

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Fri Dec 03 19:29:42 1999

Steve Sobol wrote:

> This is no longer true. For the past 1 1/2 days rs.internic.net has been
> displaying whois.networksolutions.com as the whois server for
> NSI-registered domains.

Thanks. It was corrected on all machines by NSI at about 1:00pm EST on
Dec 1st.
We then created 2.2.3 with all the final code. We fixed an obscure JP
handle, and ARIN handle bug today, and the final source tarball is up as
2.2.4. If you downloaded and use your own copy of the proxy, please
download the latest version. Users of the whois.geektools.com proxy will
automatically use the latest proxy, of course.

One quick note for spam fighters - querying geektools for any domain,
followed by the word "abuse" will return the latest know abuse contacts
from John Levine's abuse.net database.

As in:

$ whois "merit.edu abuse"@whois.geektools.com
or
$ whois -h whois.geektools.com "merit.edu abuse"

[whois.geektools.com]
Initial server used for this query: whois.abuse.net
[email protected]

GeekTools WHOIS Proxy v2.2.4
Brought to you by CenterGate Research Group, LLC.
Visit us at www.centergate.com.

Note: A blank query to whois.geektools.com will bring up a small option
list.

As always, please let us know if you want any other changes.

--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.